Hi again.....

Still struggling with this drag and drop issue. I think the problem is I
am not that strong with _javascript_. But time is limited for this
mini-project. I've mostly only taken existing JS and manipulated to my
need.

What I am trying to do is have the records from a query be 'draggable' so
that say, I have a record in position 32 but I want it moved up to
position 28. Instead of using buttons to promote or demote by one each
time, I would simply drag the record up to position 28. It would then call
to the appropriate query to make the change in the database and send the
former 28 down to 29. Then it would, of course, call back to the page with
the list and be updated.

Has anyone seen anything close to what I'm trying to do so that I might
bend that JS source to my will?

Believe me when I say I will be taking a course in JS!

Guy McDowell
Web Developer
[EMAIL PROTECTED] - Magma Communications Ltd.
t: 613.228.3565 x6348
f: 613.228.8313
http://websites.magma.ca

This e-mail message is confidential, may be privileged and is intended for
the exclusive use of the addressee.  Any other person is strictly
prohibited from disclosing, distributing or reproducing it.  If the
addressee cannot be reached or is unknown to you, please inform the sender
by return e-mail immediately and delete this e-mail message and destroy
all copies.  Due to the inherent risks associated with the Internet, we
assume no responsibility for unauthorized interception of any Internet
communication with you or the transmission of computer viruses.  Thank
you.