> [Macromedia][SQLServer JDBC Driver]Error establishing socket.
> No buffer space available (maximum connections reached?): JVM_Bind

> I restarted the CF ODBC services on both servers, and the
> error went away.  I have unlimited connections on my sql
> server, and the sql server is used by 1/2 a dozen other CF
> 6.1 servers and apps on the network, none of which displayed
> this problem.

If you're using the JDBC driver, that doesn't use the ODBC services at all,
so I suspect your observation is coincidental.

> I just checked the datasource settings to make sure
> connections aren't limited (They're not), but clicking "OK"
> I got the same error again just trying to verify the
> datasource?  Ack.  Has anybody seen this?  Any ideas?  Thanks
> muchly in advance

I vaguely recall hearing about this before, but I don't really remember the
context or solution. However, based on the error message, I would recommend
that you cap the number of connections. You might also look to see whether
you're running the latest SQL Server service pack.

Dave Watts, CTO, Fig Leaf Software
http://www.figleaf.com/
phone: 202-797-5496
fax: 202-797-5444