> Now I can restart CF application service, go to CFadmin, hit
> "verify all datasources" four times, and get this error on
> the 4th time, and only on ONE datasource (i have another
> datasource on the same server that doesn't seem bothered):
>
> []java.sql.SQLException: [Macromedia][SQLServer JDBC
> Driver]Error establishing socket. Address already in use:
> connect The root cause was that: java.sql.SQLException:
> [Macromedia][SQLServer JDBC Driver]Error establishing socket.
> Address already in use: connect

Are you using named SQL Server instances, and storing this database in a
separate instance? That might explain this error message. The fix in that
case would be to run the SQL Server Network Utility and specify a different
socket for that instance.

Dave Watts, CTO, Fig Leaf Software
http://www.figleaf.com/
phone: 202-797-5496