Window -> Preferences ->CFEclipse -> CFML Colours
Window -> Preferences ->CFEclipse -> HTML Colours

As for selecting the root dir right click  on your project root and
select preferences
CFEclipse Properties and you can add a project URL (this is opened up
in the internal browser when you start up)

There is some work done in the Package Explorer view to add functions
like "this is the webroot etc"

I hope that helps!

MD