I am running an instance MSDE with on my machine called HOMEFRANKMA.

One instance is called NETSDK and contains a database called Northwind
(of course).

I am trying to access it with OSQL but it gives me an error saying
that it's not found in
"sysdatabases".

here is what I use:

use Northwind
select * from employees
go

I tried many variations of the first line thinking that it needs more
qualification by including the instance name : use NETSDK.Northwind
and HOMEFRANKMA.NETSDK.Northwind but still doesn't work.

This is not an urgent matter as it still works with Query Analyzer.
But I''m curious as to why it doesn't work.

Thanks,

Frank