I dont know this for sure, but isnt that a cfform feature?  Will cf do
that even on normal form submissions?

----- Original Message -----
From: S. Isaac Dealey <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Date: Thu, 16 Sep 2004 15:39:41 -0400
Subject: Re: Weird
To: CF-Talk <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

I was showing this problem to my boss just an hour or so ago...

You should never use "^.*_date$" (regular _expression_ for those not in
the know) at the name of a form field you intend to use. If you
include an input in a form which ends with the string "_date"
coldfusion will attempt to validate that a matching form field is a
date value when the form is submitted.

i.e. ml_3_31_date tells the server to make sure that the value of the
form field ml_3_31 is a date value if it is present in the form.

Additional unuseable endings include _required and _number (or
_numeric I don't remember).

hth

s. isaac dealey   954.927.5117

new epoch : isn't it time for a change?