Thanks guys,
                    Here is my scenario, i have a custom server application
that protects my directory.
                    So, the first time the user hits the page.. will be
asked for userid and password.
                    This gets written in CGI.Auth_user(winnt log files). I
grab the userid and set all the
                    application or session variables.

                    So in this particular case, when a session expires, a
new session is automatically created.

                    What i really need is to, some how verify whether this
particular session has expired.
                    Some like
                    <cfif isDefined(sessiontimeout)>
                       <cflocation ../index.cfm addtoken="no">
                    </cfif>

                    I cant verify for session variables cause a new session
is dynamically created and new
                    session variables get instanciated.

                    Appretiate any help..

                    Thanks