Calvin,

He's using a BigIP hardware load balancer, so there's a good chance that he
can outrun the J2EE session replication mechanism between requests.  This
isn't talked about a lot, but it happens.

Using Client variables stored in either cookies or a database shared by the
clustered servers eliminates potential "undefined in Session scope" errors
because ColdFusion either receives all Client variables in the request
(cookie) or ColdFusion waits until retrieval and parsing of the Client
variable has happened (database).

Note: before choosing to store Client variables in cookies (seductive
because it is the fastest technique by far), make sure you're not storing
any secure data in the Client scope.  You wouldn't believe how many
developers forget this; you can spoof cookies that will take you right into
their admin sections.  Also make sure the total size of your Client scope
won't bust any cookie size or quantity limitations.

Respectfully,

Adam Phillip Churvis
Member of Team Macromedia

Advanced Intensive Training:
* C# & ASP.NET for ColdFusion Developers
* ColdFusion MX Master Class
* Advanced Development with CFMX and SQL Server 2000
http://www.ColdFusionTraining.com

Download CommerceBlocks V2.1 and LoRCAT from
http://www.ProductivityEnhancement.com

The ColdFusion MX Bible is in bookstores now!