Just checked out cfczone.org, interesting.   Imho, adding articles on the conceptual end of cfc would definitely be an addition, the faq is a good start.  For instance, when I read a bunch of code of a cfc, each of the functions within contains some same argument, I thought, heck, should there be a better way to do this?  the arguments.thisID and arguments.thisName are really shared by both functions or more functions within the given component, why do I have to define them again and again, instead, would it be less code to have something like "gobal argument(s)" outside functions for the component, and of course, one can specify if the G A is required etc. ...
e.g.
<cfcomponent name="FuctionalStuff">
  <cffunction name="getThis">
     <cfargument name="thisID">
     <cfargument name="thisName">
  </cffunction>
  <cffunction name="setThis">
     <cfargument name="thisID">
     <cfargument name="thisName">
  </cffuction>
</cfcomponent>

I know we developers prefer to write code than writing paper.  FYI, about the "Search capability for finding CFCs on the site", that should be a piece of cake provided knowledge of the normalized table structure ...