Don, I suggest you just dive in and have a go at a simple CFC  - say
using it for a database add/delete/edit/list.  From that you'll get
most of the concepts, and work on from there.   There are tutorials
for that and the livedocs have examples of this application if i
recall correctly.

If you know how to query a database and display the results, the leap
won't be big  for you.    Then you'll know the basic syntax for a CFC
file,  how to call it and pass variables back and forth to and from
it.  I bet you'll be sold at that point.

Then you can work outwards from there, adding more complexity -
inheritance, init methods, web services etc from that.

Must my $0.02.

Cheers
Mike Kear
Windsor, NSW, Australia