On Wed, 06 Oct 2004 21:54:47 -0400, Don Chunshen Li
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Please elaborate a bit on [bear in mind it was written for CFMX
> 6.0 so it uses "this" scope].

See my response to Jeff.

> Some review claims that the book talks too much about Java ...

I don't think you can talk about OO principles without talking about
Java (or some other OO language). It's very hard to learn good OO
techniques if you only know ColdFusion - you really need to learn the
techniques in Java (or some such) and then apply them back to CF (and
understanding what the limitations are, e.g., no interfaces in CF, no
null values in CF).

> >Otherwise just read a lot of blogs... lots of good CFC stuff out there...
> You're right, however, it's not systematic, maybe, no choice.

Not unless you learn OO through Java and then apply it back to CFCs.
--
Sean A Corfield -- http://www.corfield.org/
Team Fusebox -- http://www.fusebox.org/

-- Margaret Atwood