You can perform queries across schemas regardless of having foreign
keys.  They have nothing to do with each other.

________________________________

From: Chris Johnston [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Friday, October 08, 2004 12:29 PM
To: CF-Talk
Subject: Re: Some database questions

On Fri, 08 Oct 2004 15:50:52 +0200, Jochem van Dieten
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> > Okay, this makes sense. A follow up question though; can you
create
> > foreign key relationships across schemas in either Oracle
and/or
> > PostgreSQL?
>
> Yes, in both.

Cool, thanks. A quick follow up question though. Can I assume
that
since you can have foreign key constraints across schemas you
can also
perform sql queries across schemas as well?

--
chris johnston

www.fuzzylizard.com

"For millions of years, mankind lived just like the animals and
something happened which unleashed the power of our imagination,
we
learned to talk."
Pink Floyd