From: Daniel Kessler [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Wednesday, 20 October 2004 9:03
To: CF-Talk
Subject: reports

I'm looking to do some on-the-fly reports for our Oracle database tables.
To begin, I have two questions.

1 - I can query for a list of tables by doing "select * from cat", though I
picked up this code and don't know what cat stands for.  Is there a way to
eliminate Sequences from the list of tables it returns either during the
query or at the time that I make my drop-down in CF?
I also tried "SELECT TABLE_NAME FROM ALL_TABLES" but that returns even more
tables though I'm not sure why.

2 - Once I retrieve a list of field names, is there a way to check the type
of each one?