From: Matt Robertson [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Thursday, November 04, 2004 5:26 PM
To: CF-Talk
Subject: Re: CFMAIL and Bulk Email Strategies

Dov Katz wrote:
>I wrote a mailer app which uses a DB to create a Mailer, recipient
>list, and cfschedule to send X individual msgs from recipient list, and

>delete members from recipient list.

I must be some kind of drooling idiot.  The revised version of the
trickler I posted does most of that, but I never thought to run a
scheduled task at a close interval and just let it go; waiting for mail
to show up so it can trickle it out.  That eliminates completely the
html component of the trickling thing, which from a systems standpoint
is just a mess.

Could build that so it runs server-wide in a snap.  Whatever shows up in
the 'queue table' gets sent; regardless of what task or even what domain
it originated, since the table data can hold sender, mail server etc.

--
--Matt Robertson--
President, Janitor