Yes, there is a limit to the number of characters on a line if an email (1000
characters including the CRLF so your 998 below is correct).  As for "cc" and "bcc":

A cc header is virtually unlimited.  Each recipient can be on a new line as long as
the first character of the new line is a space or a tab.  For example:

CC: [EMAIL PROTECTED],
 [EMAIL PROTECTED],
 [EMAIL PROTECTED]

and, so on.

A "bcc" is entirely different.  A bcc will not appear in the message headers at all so
there is no limit as far as creating an email.

Where the "to", "cc" and "bcc" do come into play is the total number of recipients
accepted by the email server for a single email.  Most servers have a setting to limit
this but it all depends on how the server is set up.

HTH,

--
Howie Hamlin - inFusion Project Manager
On-Line Data Solutions, Inc. - www.CoolFusion.com
>>> Find out how iMS Stacks up to the competition:
>>> http://www.coolfusion.com/imssecomparison.cfm

--- On Thursday, November 04, 2004 4:49 PM, Matt Robertson scribed: ---