Here is my situation in more detail, and I know I'm not alone.  I saw a
thread similar to this topic dealing from a legal stand point. early
this year.

I was sub-contracted by a consulting company to write a test web app for
one specific client of theirs.  The program is custom written for that
specific client and parts would have to be rewritten to work into a
general setting.

Over the course of development they have really begun to see potential
in the project and are seeing dollar signs.  It was mentioned in the
consulting firms big meeting that they were thinking of downloading  the
CF code and even the databases, repackage/rewrite it into a marketable
fashion and resell it.

My concern is, how secure is the ColdFusion code and database structure
from downloading?  I would like any information on the legal rights of
the different parties -- programmer, consultant, client, someone who
downloads it. I realise you all aren't lawyers, but any info or opinions
would help.

Kelly Olson