From: Nick Cabell [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Wednesday, November 17, 2004 2:43 AM
To: CF-Talk
Subject: What sets the domain in default CFID cookies?

I'm having real trouble with my sessions and cookies.

I can observe the CFID/CFTOKEN cookies get set in my browser.
They are set twice, once when I come to the home page and then again when I
login.
But the confusing part is why the domain name is "host.net" for one pair and
then "WWW.host.net" for the other.

Can someone explain to me what sets the domain value for these cookies?
I am concerned that this is why my session variables seem to be incorrect,
as if there were a shadow session associated with the different CFID/CTOKEN.

Also what determines the expiration - it's 30 years now.
I don't use CFCOOKIE because the CFID/CFTOKEN are set automatically.

I have the following application.cfm (two of them - one at root and one below
it, but both with the same <cfapplication> tag)

<cfapplication name="mes"
        clientmanagement="No"
        loginstorage="Session"
        sessionmanagement="Yes"
        setclientcookies="Yes"
        sessiontimeout="#CreateTimeSpan(0, 1, 1, 0)#">