Mark,

Thanks for your patience. I really want to figure this out.

OK, I can see that requests contain different host names (e.g. myhost.net,
www.myhost.com, etc). The problem is that when I do a redirect via cflocation,
a different host name than what they started with will get stored as the
session token, and thus the session confusion.

For example, on the home page a session token is set, then in my
application.cfm they are redirected to the login page if they request a secure
page, using something like this:

<cflocation
URL="../login.cfm?requestedpage=#urlEncodedFormat(CGI.script_name)#&requestedquerystring=#urlEncodedFormat(CGI.query_string)#">

The resulting URL is set to contain a domain name that might well differ from
the original request.

How do others deal with this problem of multiple domain names creating
different session tokens?

nick