From: James Smith [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Wednesday, November 17, 2004 10:51 AM
To: CF-Talk
Subject: RE: Image color info?

> I don't know as I've ever seen a .gif or .jpg that was ever
> cmyk (only time I ever really see .png is within a Flash

A gif can't be CMYK, it can't be RGB either, a gif is by definition an
indexed format with it's own colour palette.  A jpg can be either RGB or
CMYK but will not be displayed in IE or Netscape if it is CMYK, you usually
only see it when you receive graphics from Mac using graphic designers used
to designing for print and not appreciating the difference in designing for
screen use.

--
Jay