I'm not sure that "re-writing a tonne of code" is what would be required.
We've converted a number of fairly large applications (thousands of pages)
to BlueDragon; the time doing so is usually measured in hours or days. Often
it's only one or two tweaks that have to be made to get everything running.

Most BlueDragon customers approach this no differently than they would an
upgrade from CF5 to CFMX, for example. That is, they don't expect their CF5
code to run perfectly "out of the box" on CFMX, and therefore don't expect
the same from BlueDragon. Of course, just as for the CF5-to-CFMX upgrade,
there has to be enough benefit to the BlueDragon upgrade to make it worth
your effort.

The first step (after reviewing the BlueDragon CFML Compatibility Guide) is
to run the BlueDragon precompiler on your code base--this will flush out
most of the incompatibilities. After that, it's a simple matter of running
through your application to verify that everything works.

We're happy to provide assistance if you're interested in making a go of it.

Vince Bonfanti
New Atlanta Communications, LLC
http://www.newatlanta.com