From: Michael Dinowitz [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Tuesday, November 30, 2004 12:46 PM
To: CF-Talk
Subject: CFMODULE vs. CFINCLUDE

I'm rewriting Raymond's Lighthouse Bugtracker (not my idea) and one
piece bought up an old question I had. Is there any performance
difference between a CFMODULE acting as a layout wrapper or 2 CFINCLUDE
templates with layout?
In the first case, your code is:
<cfmodule template="layout.cfm">
Display stuff
</cfmodule>

In the second  case you have:
<CFINCLUDE template="header">
Display Stuff
<CFINCLUDE template="footer">

Because of the nature of the CFMODULE, it's called twice and various
variables are created in its process. The CFINCLUDE method uses 2
CFINCLUDES, but there's nothing special about them. No extra variables,
etc.

Logic says that the CFINCLUDE method of template layout is more
efficient, but I'd like to know what others think?

I'll ask the question about what people think of the pagecontext include
vs.
cfinclude another time. :)