> If I remember correctly, doesn't cfmodule create a whole new memory
> block for every call, where as the cfinclude will only use the existing
> memory space and be part of the normal page cache?
You are correct, even in CFMX.

> Even if this isn't true for CFMX any more, personally, I'd probably lean
> towards the cfinclude method, because
>     a) thats what I'm used to,
Same here.

>     b) I find it visually easier to read
Same here.

e) Allows you to cycle in special headers/footers at any time rather than
editing a central display template.

> What goes on inside the the cfmodule?  Is the header and footer actually
> inside the cfmodule template or does it include the header and footer
> templates?  If it includes them, then it'd be a bit of a pointless call
> to the cfmodule, if its in the cfmodule template, then refer to my point
> (d) above. ;)
The header and footer is actually inside the cfmodule with a piece of logic
to see if it's the start or end of the execution. The content between the
cfmodule call tags is evaluated after the tag start and before the tag end.
Also, all content between the tags is loaded into a variable called
generatedcontent. It's overhead I don't like, but there may be something I'm
missing which is why I asked. Well, that and I like to make people think. :)