I recommend giving TinyMCE a go. It works in FF, IE, NS and Moz (but not
Opera) and taking away the hot pink etc is very easy indeed. It's in active
development and the author listens to requests.

-----Original Message-----
From: S. Isaac Dealey [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Wednesday, 8 December 2004 3:59
To: CF-Talk
Subject: Re: SOT: Browser Stats (stirring the pot)

Yep, unfortunately these things still rely (afaik) on code which is not part
of the standard for DOM -- they do something that the browser was never
intended to do and as a result are still somewhat fidgety pretty much across
the board. What I personally find odd about them is that they're almost
invariably way more complicated than I'm sure is necessary. But by and large
I'm waiting for them to mature a bit -- I had a client request for one
recently and spent several hours just trying to figure out where to _begin_
modifying FCK Editor and couldn't do it. Had better luck with HTMLEdit but
still not good enough for the client to use. Never did get around to
TinyMCE.
Although had I my druthers I would just tell them all that letting them
format their text is a bad idea and they should let professionals _not_
apply colors like hot-pink text on an orange background with 20pt, bold,
italic, underlined and blinking text. As seems to be their invariable
pattern.