Well - we had a meeting in 1997 (or thereabouts - when CF 2.0 was just being
released) with J.J. Allaire and David Orfao.  A friend asked "when will you
be coming out with a Linux version?" and he was literally laughed at.

Three years later and we had CF for Linux.

Allaire (and now Macromedia) are not against Linux - but they are for making
money.  The instant they can make money by producing a Linux version, they
will.

Jim Davis