Hi!

I had a situation where a zip archive containing 50K files was sent to me from
a linux server and then my WinZip software only recognized 10K files. The file
was re-sent to me in tar.gzip format, and I was then able to extract it
correctly with 7-zip software.

My question is, will cfx_zip running on CF5 on W2K3 always interpret a zip file
generated by a linux server correctly? Will it work better than WinZip?

I do not believe that cfx_zip will ever have to process such a large file --
could this issue have been caused by file size? If so, does cfx_zip have any
size limitations?

7-zip has a command-line interface, so I believe I can use cfexecute and a
command if necessary, but it would be easiest if I could be assured that
cfx_zip on W2K3 could process archives from linux.

Thanks,
Susanna