Alan,

The situation here is that essentially these two queries are the same.
"Userid" is automatically going to be defined--the form fields from your
form (submission) page will automatically be passed to this processing
(action) template.

I think I understand what you are getting at. Let me take a stab at this.
I I were to go about this, I would pass the userid from form 1 to the second
form. Then, when you fill out the inventory form, add a CF_location tag at
the END of your processing (all processing stops after the CF Location tag
is encountered, and you are taken immediately to the page specified). Append
the userid to the CF_Location URL.

Does it sound like I am addressing your problem correctly?

Terri

---original----

<cfif IsDefined ("userid")>
<cfquery name="popform1" datasource="inv">
SELECT EmpDir.UserID, EmpDir.LASTNAME, EmpDir.FIRSTNAME, EmpDir.Area,
EmpDir.Phone, EmpDir.EMail
FROM EmpDir
where empdir.userid='#userid#'
</cfquery><cfelse>
<cfquery name="popform1" datasource="inv">
SELECT EmpDir.UserID, EmpDir.LASTNAME, EmpDir.FIRSTNAME, EmpDir.Area,
EmpDir.Phone, EmpDir.EMail
FROM EmpDir
WHERE EmpDir.userid='#form.userid#'
</cfquery></cfif>

Sorry for the newbie question but I must be missing something basic. Help
please.......

TIA

Alan