> Where you say cold fusion on a single box really peaks out? I mean
> without clustering and everything... where would you say its too much
> load? I've been having a few issues but its cfmx related... problems
> that didn't exist in 5.. And I want to know a good next move.

I would say it "peaks out" when it has reached a level of load that prevents
it from having a tolerable response time for new requests. Of course, that's
not much of an answer, but that's all the answer you'll get with the
information you've provided. It's up to you to determine what's an
acceptable response time ceiling, and to use load testing to determine how
many concurrent users it takes to reach that ceiling.

> Also.. I want to toss traffic at my own site and let my error reporter
> run and see how far I can crank it up.. good weekend project.. Anyone
> got any recommendations on a good program to... bombard your site with
> traffic?

I would recommend OpenSTA (http://www.opensta.org/). It's a free,
Windows-based load testing tool. However, I would disagree with your
characterization of load testing as a "good weekend project". Load testing
is a relatively complicated and non-trivial task, if you intend to get
useful results from your tests. I would also recommend that you thoroughly
read the OpenSTA documentation, which will give you some idea of what load
testing typically entails.

Dave Watts, CTO, Fig Leaf Software
http://www.figleaf.com/