On Mon, 03 Jan 2005 13:03:48 -0400, Larry White <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Regarding the original post I can't see any reason to use cflock at all.
> Initializing the application variables, I would hope, would not entail using
> user specific values. If the initialization is the same no matter
> which user does it, and you won't crash the server anymore, then why
> lock it?

It would all depend on what would happen if two threads tried to run
the "long initialization process" at the same time. If the code
creates objects and builds dependencies using application scope, it's
entirely possible you would get an inconsistent data setup.

If you're just setting a bunch of scalar variables, you won't have problems.

In other words, it all depends on whether the initialization code
itself could be subject to race conditions.
--
Sean A Corfield -- http://www.corfield.org/
Team Fusebox -- http://www.fusebox.org/

-- Margaret Atwood