A user can always open a link in a new window with the application of a
right click, just like a firefox user can open a new tab with the right
mouse button.

However I have the ability to set target="_blank" on a link and the link
will open in a new window, transferring control to me.

If the answer to the question is no just say so but don't try to turn it
into a control issue when it isn't.  I am just trying to make it easier for
the users of our intranet and reduce the number of clicks they perform from
certain reports where new tabs are ALWAYS used.

--
Jay