I installed MSDE Sql Server and CFMX Developer Edition onto a laptop to
use for a demo of a CF app at a location where we can't get internet
access.  Once I installed MSDE Sql Server, I connected to it using
Enterprise Manager that is on the laptop and that worked fine.  However,
when I set up a datasource in CFMX using the sa account, it fails to
connect with the following error message:

"Connection verification failed for data source: test
[]java.sql.SQLException: [Macromedia][SQLServer JDBC Driver]Error
establishing socket. Connection refused: connect
The root cause was that: java.sql.SQLException: [Macromedia][SQLServer
JDBC Driver]Error establishing socket. Connection Refused: connect"

I checked and the sa password is correct and it's the exact same one I'm
using when I register the enterprise manager instance.  Anyone have
experience with this or anything?  I know the Desktop Engine is supposed
to be more for a bundled application sort of thing so I'm wondering if
there's some sort of limitation involved that won't let me connect or if
there's something else that I need to do.  If this won't work, would the
SQL Server Developer Edition work better?  Any help would be greatly
appreciated.

John Burns
Certified Advanced ColdFusion MX Developer
AI-ES Aeronautics, Web Developer