There's a few things that I've been frustrated with about both CFS,
HS+, and DW... but like Spike said... "working" is subjective. If they
say "it does this and costs this much" and you pay that much and it
does... then it "works." And DWMX 2k4 is FAR superior to DWMX. Upgrade
if you can.

There's some things that just don't make sense to me about DW 2k4,
though. Like the lack of integration between the Behaviors tab,
cfinput tags, and CFMX's built-in JS validation generator. Those
things are linked for us, directly linked, and to have DW refuse to
recognize a named CFINPUT tag, a named CFFORM tag, etc., really struck
 me as being "broken" or even "incomplete." But, I use both DW 2k4 and
HS+, in tandem, and I don't mind either one.

I mean, there's things about every IDE that I hate, or dislike, or am
annoyed by, or had to learn to work around. When someone invents the
perfect IDE for something, please let me know and I'll give you every
bit of money I can scrape together for it. I think HS:neural would be
cool... HomeSite with a neural interface... nifty.

Another thing that just never made any sense is the fact that desktop
integration for RDS/FTP is built in, but you can't use it for anything
but browsing. Why on earth do I want a Macromedia RDS&FTP icon in my
computer when I can't use it to upload or download files? Maybe I've
been doing something wrong all these years, but for me, even back in
the CFStudio 4.0 days... it never friggin worked right.

And yeah, after reading Sean's post about the wishlist and bugfix
pages, I'll do that. I think these things seem so obvious to me that
the fact that they don't work as expected leaves me feeling a
little... suspicious or disgusted... but I'm an adaptable guy, and
since I have a place to make my beef known, I'll take it there.

Laterz,

PS - Next post: visual tools I'd like to see.

--
Continuum Media Group LLC
Burnsville, MN 55337

<SNIPPAGE>