Actually, you usually DO pass in server, application, session, and
client variables into a CFC.  Part of encapsulation is isolation from
the environment.  What if I switch from client to session variables?
Do I really want to have to go change every CFC?

Same with your form CFCs.  Chances are good they'll never be used for
anything except form processing, but what if you need to expose a bit
of functionality with a web service?  Suddenly no more FORM scope.
Oof.  If you plan ahead and make your CFC just accept a struct
parameter (which you can pass the FORM scope as), then you can just
pass in your arguments from your web service method invocation, and
not have to change anything.

cheers,
barneyb

--