> Yes, thanks.  As far as I've tested on IIS 5, checking the
> "check that file exists" checkbox doesn't do ANYTHING.  IIS
> still passes missing .cfm files to CFMX regardless of that
> setting.  Sometimes I wonder if even Macromedia knows how the
> missing template handler works.

By default, that's how things are supposed to work. When you install CFMX on
IIS, the web server connector sets up two things: an ISAPI extension and an
ISAPI filter. The ISAPI filter intercepts any matching URL patterns before
IIS itself can handle the request (or check to see if the file exists). The
ISAPI filter is necessary for running servlets and for using Flash Remoting,
I think.

Dave Watts, CTO, Fig Leaf Software
http://www.figleaf.com/