Dick Applebaum wrote:

> With the Jasper ancestry, might be possible to offer the equivalent of
> the Report Builder to other platforms.

Well, all of the report builders for jasperreports are pure java apps...
and they suck.

My experience with the windows-based report builder was *MUCH* nicer
than my experience with iReport (the only report builder for jasper that
I could actually get to run).

I'd rather see a solid, easy to use Windows-based report builder than a
buggy, slow, processor-hog, java-based report builder.

But maybe that's because my primary platform is Windows and I'm biased.

I'm sure that Macromedia realized that the vast majority of developers
are using windows machines or have access to a Windows machine, even in
worlds where they deploy to Linux, Solaris, etc..

  - Rick