Hello,

I'm using the javax.mail objects to do some .mht (mime formatted web
archive) file decoding and all is well on my OS X dev server and our
Linux test server. However, on our production server I am seeing some
weird results:

I have a javax.mail.internet.MimeMessage object and I'm calling the
getContent() method. When it works properly I either get a string back
for simple .mht files or a javax.mail.internet.MimeMultipart object for
..mht files with images and other embedded files. However on our
production server I get back com.sun.mail.util.QPDecoderStream for
simple files and com.sun.mail.util.SharedByteArrayInputStream for the
complex ones.

The one big difference between the production and test ColdFusion
servers is our production server was upgraded from 6.0 to 6.1 whereas
our test servers were a clean 6.1 install.

I've done a basic diff on the coldfusionmx/lib folders to see if there
were some old .jars from the 6.0 install and there seemed to be, but
even after moving them the problem still exists. Both mail.jar files are
identical. Both are running 1.4.2 JRE. I don't know if this is a
classpath issue, or ... ?

Are there any ColdFusion Java gurus out there? :)

Thanks in advance!
--Kyle

--

Kyle Singer