From: "Rick Faircloth" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent: Friday, February 18, 2005 3:51 PM
To: CF-Talk <cf-talk@houseoffusion.com>
Subject: RE: Flash Remoting remains as elusive as ever

I feel your pain, too, Kevin.

I looked into Flash when it first came out and found it very
frustrating and time-consuming to use. And I do computer-based
video production all the time as part of my business, so I'm very
familiar with timelines and timeline animation. In the early days,
it was just too expensive in terms of labor and price to use...customers
weren't interested in paying me enough to create eye-candy.

Remoting came along and I tried it again...required learning action-script
and purchase of the still expensive software...too much of a learning curve,
still.
And all the while, I'm watching sites begin to make good, judicious use of
Flash
to enhance sites.

I even downloaded Flash MX 2004 Pro to see what changes were made to make
it more "developer-friendly"...good try, but not good enough for me.

I tried a less-expensive solution that is intuitive and easy to use for
basic animated
effects...eye-candy...but for the price of only $100 and very little labor
to produce
nice results...a lot of built-in effects...just select and apply...(forget
all that "tweening" stuff...ridiculous...)

Swishzone.com is the place to check out some easy to use Flash creation
software...they even
have a Flash video creation program...haven't done too much with
that...results weren't that great...

I think they do have some remoting possibilities there, but I've given up on
that again for now.

It's nice, however, to spend just a little time and *intuitively* be able to
create some nice Flash movies.
And, yes, I do use tutorials and read help files and use books...MM's
program is the problem.
It's still trying to figure out what it wants to be when it grows up...

My .02 (+.02) ...

Rick