>> When I introspect CFC's I don't use an IDE to introspect
>> them because my CFC's aren't designed in such a way that
>> introspection via DW, etc. would really be very helpful.

> Can you elaborate on this? The information that
> Dreamweaver lets you look at
> is the same you'd get if you browsed the CFC directly; you
> can see public
> methods and declared public properties. Why isn't that
> helpful? What other
> kind of information are you talking about?

Well at least that's been my impression. I don't use the extends
attribute of the cfcomponent tag for the most part -- instead I use a
separate function which mimic's inheritance using a dynamic path to
another CFC and allows for "multiple inheritance" in some
circumstances. I was of the impression that CFC introspection used the
syntax to return data about the CFC rather than actually instantiating
the component. If that assumption is incorrect, then yea, DW's CFC
introspection could be useful if it actually instantiates the CFC and
returns data about methods "artificially" injected into its this and
variables scopes.

>> And I still desperately want a checkbox in the
>> preferences
>> which allows me to _completely_ disable the design view,
>> which MM seems to be _completely_ disinterested in
>> offering
>> me. DW is so closely tied to the design view that I find
>> it
>> frequently open in spite of never opening it myself -- I
>> think just switching between working templates frequently
>> activates "split" mode. (So I take it back, this is my
>> big
>> complaint -- the previous is my big wish.)

> I never have this problem. If you configure Dreamweaver to
> use the "Coder"
> workspace, you shouldn't have this problem.

I use the "Coder" workspace... and I still have the problem
constantly. Dunno why. ymmv obviously.

s. isaac dealey     954.927.5117
new epoch : isn't it time for a change?

add features without fixtures with