Cedric --

As you said, CF structures don't support case-sensitive keynames.  Alternatives
might include representing the structure
as a case-sensitive XML document object or, if your structure keynames will
never be anything other than the single
characters you showed in your example, you could use

test[asc(keyname)] = value;

Thus, test.a would become test[asc('a')] and test.A would become
test[asc('A')], clearly two different keys.

If the keynames might be longer than a single character, one could imagine many
other schemes that would hash, or map,
the keynames into unique values to be used as substitute keynames.  For
example, each character in the keyname could be
replaced by its asc() code translated to a 4-digit hexadecimal string.  (I
guess 4 hex digits are needed now (instead of
the 2 digits that would have sufficed in the pre-Unicode era) since the Java
UCS-2 character set used by CF gives values
for asc() up to 65535.)  Another example would be to maintain the set of
keynames as a simple CF list and then use the
position of the keyname in the list as the substitute keyname in the structure.
 One would just have to be careful to
search the list with ListFind() instead of ListFindNoCase().

-- Larry Afrin
   Medical University of South Carolina