If you build a custom collection in Verity, you can use one of the custom
fields in CFINDEX to write a list of matching keywords and values for each
document. That should work, but I'm not sure I like that solution from an
architectural viewpoint. I would rather have metadata in a structured format
and index against the structured format. Rather than build a table for each
document type, you could build a table for documents, a table for document
types, and build a table for document properties. Properties could be different
by document type, and each individual document could have its own values for
each document property. That's the way the Spectra application was architected,
and it is one of the things about Spectra I still use in legacy Spectra apps I
maintain.