I used the windows version of PostgreSQL on a pretty big project last
year. The deployment was on *nix, but I was developing on Windows.

The only gotcha I ran into was that the pid file sometimes got left
behind if PostgreSQL terminated unexpectedly. That resulted in me not
being able to start the PostgreSQL service. The first couple of times
that happened I ended up reinstalling PostgreSQL, but the third time I
decide to find out exactly what was causing the issue.

 From what I remember the file is postmaster.pid and is in the data
sub-directory of the postgreSQL install. Deleting the file solves the
problem.

I'm not sure if that issue is fixed in the latest release of the windows
install, but I thought I'd save you the pain if it isn't ;)

Spike