> I have been in software development and games development for
> nearly 26 years, and in that time I have always seen products
> released before they should have been released it has never
> changed. But the powers to be wanted this out quickly to
> generate some cash flow into the company and that's what it
> is all about.

Well, of course products are released before all the bugs are fixed. In some
cases, before some known major bugs are fixed. But how do you think
programmers' salaries are paid? Most software companies don't have a
bottomless well of money that they can draw from. A company like iD Software
can say "we'll release it when it's ready" because they can just stop buying
new Ferraris for a while, but most companies don't have that luxury. Even if
they do, most public companies' shareholders wouldn't tolerate that anyway.
You're absolutely right - money is exactly what it's all about.
Unfortunately, I can't see it being any other way.

Dave Watts, CTO, Fig Leaf Software
http://www.figleaf.com/