From: Bud [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Friday, September 08, 2000 8:31 AM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: RE: Web servers

On 9/7/00, Steve Pierce penned:
>IIS is a great product and you can't beat the price. But if you need
carrier
>class reliability and scalability and can use CF instead of ASP 3, Website
>is a pretty good solution.

OK, thanks. Everything you said is about what I've heard. Of course,
I heard most of it from you. LOL

I was just concerned that Benjamin said he saw a "tremendous
performance gain" switching from WS to IIS. I'm still wondering why.
I do know that I've got a lowly 512 K connection with about 70 static
sites and about 20 CF sites and the CF sites are "at least" twice as
fast under WS on mine as they were under IIS on Intermedia. Of
course, that would probably change if I put hundreds of CF sites on
the server, which I won't do.

The static sites aren't noticeably slower either.
--

Bud Schneehagen - Tropical Web Creations

ColdFusion Solutions / eCommerce Development
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
http://www.twcreations.com/
954.721.3452
the body.