they also said that by 2005 there will be a huge shortage of IT
personnel and salaries will be sky high...

To be honest with you, I can't see any of their analysis being very
accurate and in some instances are even bias. Unfortunately they are
read (and trusted) by senior executives that don't necessary
understand technology and buy based on buzz words.

It's like the joke where a reporter asked the weather man then what
percentage of their prognosis are accurate. He said 40%. The reporter
asked: why then you don't give it the other way :)

All jokes aside, I think MM is doing a rather lousy job in marketing
CF. I think way more companies will use CF if they actually understand
the power and flexibility of it

Victor