> Indeed the MS driver only supports TCP/IP as a communication
> protocol and SQL Server authentication.

While all that may be true, we were talking about the DataDirect Connect
driver shipped with CFMX, not the MS driver.

> You could, however use jTDS: it works both over TCP/IP and
> named pipes and supports three types of authentication
> (SQL Server, Windows authentication providing a user name
> and password and Windows authentication using a native
> Single Sign On library).

I wasn't aware of all that. In the case of Windows authentication using a
native SSO library, do you have to run CFMX as the specific Windows user
against which you want to perform authentication?

> jTDS is also more stable and a faster than the MS driver.

Have you performed benchmarks to this effect? Can you share the benchmark
results and the steps you went through to perform your tests? How does it
compare to DataDirect and JTurbo?

Dave Watts, CTO, Fig Leaf Software
http://www.figleaf.com/