From: Scott Brady [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: 28 February 2005 16:12
To: CF-Talk
Subject: REPOST: Two applications sharing cfid/cftoken

(Reposting this -- if it's not clear what my issue is [well, I have
plenty of issues, but this one specifically], please let me know)

We have two related applications (one is the front-end application
(referred to as "App" from here on out), the other is the
administrator for that front-end application (referred to as "Admin"
from here on out)).

The application.cfm for the admin cfincludes the application.cfm for
the App, but they have different application names in the
<cfapplication> tag [it's set by a variable].

Our primary issue (for this post, anyway) is that if someone is logged
into the admin and then they open up the app [without even logging
in], they are logged out of the admin, which gets prettty annoying.

If I do a dump of the session scope on every page, here's what seems
to be happening:

1) Let's say you open up the app, you have a cfid of 101 and a cftoken
we'll call A.
2) You then open up the admin [showing the Admin login screen], you
have a cfid of 102 and a cftoken we'll call B.
3) If you again open up the app screens, you now have a cfid of 102
and the same cftoken as the admin B.
4) If you again open up the admin login screen, you now have a cfid of
103 and a cftoken we'll call C.

Note:  Opening up the first app screen [ the portal ], it clears out
the session for that user.

#4 means that if you're logged into the app and open up the admin,
you're NOT logged out of the admin.

I've verified that the application.applicationName are different.

So, why would one application keep the cfid/cftoken combination from
another application if they are different applications as far as CF is
concerned?

This occurs on CF6.1 and CF7.  We don't have jsessionid enabled (if
that affects it), because of a legacy issue we're dealing with.

Thanks!

Scott