....-----Original Message-----
....From: Justin D. Scott [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
....Sent: Tuesday, March 01, 2005 3:12 PM
....To: CF-Talk
....Subject: RE: CF generated email.
....> We are beginning the process of creating a CF generated
....> e-mail system.  The idea is to be able to create e-mails
....> and send to lists that may contain a few hundred to tens
....> of thousands of our donors and other contacts.
....There are a few options:
....1. Use the method you have now and wait several hours for delivery.
....2. If the messages do not need to be customized, use regular mailing list
....software to actually send the messages.

Can anybody recommend a few I should take a look at?  We would need the ability
to create a message and list dynamically and easily.  An example is that
recruitment would want to send a certain message to all donors with an AB-blood
type that live within 5 specific area codes.  We have the tools that will
generate that list of e-mail address, and of course it is very easy, albeit
slow, to send a message to that list.

....3. If you do need personalization, you can use the built-in SMTP Service
....that is part of IIS to do the sending.  Write the message files directly
....the \mailroot\pickup directory and the IIS spooler will grab them and
....attempt delivery immediately, effectively bypassing the ColdFusion e-mail
....spooler.  Do this in batches to 1,000 every minute or so and they should
....all
....go out within half an hour.

This directory would be found on the mail server I presume?

--------------
Ian Skinner
Web Programmer
BloodSource
www.BloodSource.org
Sacramento, CA

"C code. C code run. Run code run. Please!"
- Cynthia Dunning

Confidentiality Notice:  This message including any
attachments is for the sole use of the intended
information. Any unauthorized review, use, disclosure or
distribution is prohibited. If you are not the
intended recipient, please contact the sender and
delete any copies of this message.