Actually in my case I'm pretty well off - I have dual 18" LCDs at home, but
my office machine is a pretty decent laptop with a docking station and a 21"
CRT.  I think I could get dual monitors set up in that situation (by putting
a PCI video card in the docking station) but it's not something Dell offers
"out of the box".

But I also work from home at least two days a week (broadband VPN).  Of
course people that are there everyday don't get any better gear so that
argument is flawed, but personally it works out for me.

But we're such a big shop that all the equipment is leased direct from Dell
and we actually get the new toys pretty quickly (at least for a financial
company).  I've been in some shops that still have DOS workstations...

> > Pretty sweet deal.
>
> $1079 right now! Very tempting... Honeymoon to St. Lucia or two 24"
> LCDs...
> it's a tough decision :-)

I dunno... that's a lot of money just to fly someplace and stay in your
room.

Personally - speaking as a 10 year veteran of marriage - I'd go with the
monitors.  Besides - you only need one - get one monitor and a trip to
Niagara Falls.  ;^)

Jim Davis