We get the same error message if we run our CF app after taking
our Oracle DB offline for a cold backup and put it back online.

Allaire suggested us to do one of the two things:
1. Restart CF server after the DB is back online.
2. Before we take the DB offline, go to the datasource setting page
   in CF admin and check the checkbox to disconnect CF from the data
   base. Then after the DB is back online, uncheck the check box.

Thanks.
Richard.