True to a degree, except that HTML is declared open and applications are
encouraged to implement it if they need the functionality.

- Calvin

-----Original Message-----
From: Charlie Griefer [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Monday, March 07, 2005 12:40 PM
To: CF-Talk
Subject: Re: ColdFusion ignores empty list elements

.....but it's not entirely different than a 'new browser' that
interprets HTML (even though said browser didn't create HTML) and adds
its own proprietary tags.  BD is simply an application that interprets
CFML (well, compiles...), but added its own proprietary tags (which is
a blanket generalization in this case that includes 'fixing' how
certain tags/functions operate)

i'm pretty much playing devil's advocate here, as i've never quite
understood how New Atlanta could get away with essentially recreating
ColdFusion (the application server...not the CFML language)...but
assumed that since it's happening, it's all on the up and up.

/me moves over to cf-community and waits :)

On Mon, 7 Mar 2005 12:27:34 -0500, Calvin Ward <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> I don't think it is absurd at all, CFML was started and developed by
Allaire