To bad it's only open to locals.  I'm in Montréal and remoting isn't bad - I've
done it for three years now.  As for the telephone support, I've been on Vonage
with US telephone number for my clients in the states.  Just to get a number in
Vancouver and transfer calls.  Also, since all long distance is included - just
x-fer calls on the service plan.  They also have a roming future that will ring
multiple numbers at a time and who ever picks up gets the call.

Secondly, someone on the East coast could easily extend support hours to
earlier in the morning because of the time difference.  Support starting at 6am
PST instead of 9am.  Or later depending on the a new employee's schedule (i.e.
night workers, etc.).  Sometimes just a little difference - a longer amount of
hand holding with a client - can make a difference between choosing shop A and
shop B.

Just a thought - some drawbacks with not being local, but some advantages.  Who
wants to come into work at 6am PST in Vancouver to start support hours?

...Peter
[EMAIL PROTECTED]